Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ketchup & Mustard

...well, hold the ketchup, at least for now.  Can you tell I'm in a silly mood today?   :)

Maybe it's the leaves in all shades of yellow, gold and orange that have been crunching underfoot lately, but mustard yellow has been top of mind.  Here are a few that I thought were worth sharing:


living room | interiors | june/july 2012

mustard

mustard yellow

Mustard yellow

I also came across these two inspirations which I thought were uber-cool.  Check them out:


mustard tones

living room colors... love the mustard yellow!


If you're interested, a while back I did a post inspired by sunflower yellow which was  similar.  If you liked this post, I thought you might like to see that one too!

Sources

8 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Isn't mustard the most happy color? I love mustard,and these images are gorgeous, Barbara. You find the most beautiful rooms.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

carolyn bradford said...

I love mustard! I bought a mustard colored top yesterday in Anthropologie and can't wait to wear it! Funny thing is, even though mustard has been on my mind for weeks I did a post on Blue today! Go figure!

I Dream Of said...

I'll take a little mustard with that! There's a mustard colored jacket in my closet that I love pulling out this time of year so that I can match the leaves! Happy Wednesday, Barbara! XO

Stacy CUrran said...

Barbara, I'm LOVING those first two! I've never done a room with mustard, and they really make me want to. Hope you are enjoying fall :)
Stacy

Thoughts on Design said...

We're reaching our peak here in Boston, so a little ketchup is in order, too... I particularly like the second image. How the dining chairs speak to the wall color in what I assume is the foyer. Then the blue in the lamp reverses the dialogue with the tomes in the dining room.

Did you notice the far wall in the dining room is mirrored? And how the large mirror looks like it is reflecting the room behind the camera's vantage point?

There's a lot of wonderful stuff going on here.

Cheers,
John

Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, I love those mustard pillows!
Thank goodness for interior design bloggers because I would be lost without these kinds of inspirations.

Carla Aston | CarlaAston.com/DESIGNED said...

Yes, I am loving this rich shade of mustard as well... so cheery & colorful but yet versatile & neutral... looks amazing when paired with blues and greys as in the second image!

Urban Orchard Interiors said...

Such a beautiful and versatile color--it seems to go with so much. I am loving it with emerald green or even chartreuse. Such beautiful inspiration photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...