Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ottoman Empire

Hi Everyone!  Happy Wednesday to you all...things are moving along here at home and I'm having fun starting to round out the house with furniture pieces I have had my eye on for a long time.  I just ordered these ottomans from Wisteria.  I can't wait to see them in person! 

Woven Leather Folding Stool

I'm planning to use them in the living room in front of the fireplace, but I think they''ll also be great at the foot of the bed in our master, in the entry, or separated throughout the house. I think they'll be great for additional seating at parties, and kids love sitting on them too! Can you tell I love versatile pieces? :)  These are a few rooms that inspired me to add these to my home:



Windsor Smith

They add a hint (or more) of style tucked under a sofa table when not in use. 
Love the greek key detailing of course!


Stuart Membery Home

 Such an intriguing mix of Asian and African design here...





Brown Designs

 Love this look next to a luxurious bath.  Can you tell I really like zebra ottomans?  More to come.
Jayson Home & Garden

Vintage french.


Great in an entry and an easy way to store them in a smaller space.  This table may be high end but I spy a pretty easy IKEA DIY table here...







via Zhush Blog

Zebra, nailhead and that great finish on the legs?  Yum.

One of my favorite rooms of all time...especially the sofa table and ottomans. 

So what do you think of this versatile piece? 





16 comments:

Pure Living* Interiors said...

I totally love this kinds of ottomans, too. A while ago I even wrote a guest post on 'canoe', when I was ask to share my favourite piece of furniture.
Folding leather ottomans are just perfect to 'move' them throughout the house ... lots of possibilities for lots of certain looks ;)

Happy to hear, that all seams to go very well there in Seattle. Lokking forward to a few pics of your new house.
Have a happy day.
Lysann

The enchanted home said...

Never met an ottoman I didn't love..they work in every space, and like you, I also love zebra ottomans too. I hope alls going well in the settling in phase..wishing you the best and hope you are getting lots of coffee breaks (or wine if after 5pm lol)

Splendid Sass said...

Barbara-
I love these ottomans. Isn't Wisteria dangerous. My card finds its way out every time! Love these ottomans and the gold Greek key is one of my favorites.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo

for the love of a house said...

Love your ottomans you ordered from Wisteria! All the photos are great and come at the perfect time- I'm looking for a pair myself for our barn room! Love the zebra.

Did you make it "home" to the PNW?!! I've been looking at older posts, but don't think I went back far enough to find the answer;)

all my best,
joan

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

I love the versatility of ottomans. Thanks for sharing some great ways to use them.
Have a lovely day, Barbara,
Wendi

michele said...

ottomans? yes, please.

but i can't get past the gorgeousness of that kitchen table!

best.

michele

Stacy CUrran said...

LOVE ottomans, and love the ones you ordered! What a beautiful post!!
Stacy

The Buzz Blog said...

Loving it! And the zebra hide adds pattern and glam to a room (I really like the one by the bathtub... If only I had such a tub!) Can't wait to see your home all pulled together.
xxoo

Thoughts on Design said...

Your pictures illustrate beautifully why ottomans are always finding their way in to our designs - because of their versatility - extra seating, coffee table, side board, serving area, even storage if the top lifts or comes off. Or they can simply be little style hotspots, like the ones you show with the zebra upholstery.

Cheers,
John

designchic said...

I love your choice, Barbara, and agree that they are so versatile. Love your images and can't wait to see your pictures!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Great choices..Extra seating will come in handy. Cant wait to see what you will be doing and take pictures!

Haus and Home said...

Love the asian and african mix styling!

The Vintique Object said...

Yes! Such a great, great idea, Barbara. About a year ago, I passed up a pair of metal framed ottomans because they were $20 each. What was I thinking? They might have even been Paul McCobbs! I should have bought them because you are so right that they are super versatile.
Camille

Marianne said...

I love them and think they would be beautiful in front of a fireplace! Such a versatile piece. P.S. love that you're now in Seattle. If you ever want to meet for coffee, let me know!

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

It sounds like everything is settling in nicely then? Ottomans are fantastic and they are especially perfect for small spaces (like my teeny living room). Reupholstering one has actually been on my radar for some time now but I have got to admit that I really really love your Wisteria choice!

Unknown said...

Such a versatile piece. You will love them! These are all great examples and beautiful images, Barbara.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...