Friday, June 3, 2011

Bonjour!

A couple of years ago two wonderful friends of mine flew over from the US and we met in Paris.  This wasn't a first trip for any of us, so we skipped most of the sightseeing and made it exclusively a shopping trip, mostly of the world-famous flea markets.  Needless to say, we had a great time!  

We've all seen pictures of Paris a gazillion times, but I thought you might like to see a few "off the beaten path" shots...hopefully these are not what you have seen before.  I also love to cook, so many of these are about the wonderful food markets.  I wasn't blogging at the time; otherwise, I would have taken many, many more to share with all of you.  Regardless, I hope you like them! 


I was in awe of their flower markets...tons of ideas at every glance.



A convertible on a sunny day in Paris with Notre Dame as a backdrop? 
It doesn't get much better.


Check out those grapes!!!  Luscious.


Food can be such a work of art!



This little market was right around the corner from our apartment and we visited almost daily for fresh cheeses, etc.  I wish I'd taken a picture of the man who ran this wonderful shop...he was at least 80 years old, used the original push-button cash register, wore a beret, didn't speak a word of English...the whole thing.  It was awesome.


Just something pretty!  Notice the blue skies - we had amazing weather.


I found these doors at one of the many flea markets. I really, really, really wanted to take these home with me for our future dream house.  This picture is in the "dream house" folder as inspiration for when we build, so I am hoping I can find someone to replicate something like these.



I also bought all of this hardware (or as my husband says: "old rusty stuff") at the markets throughout the city.  Perhaps these are strange souvenirs for most, but for someone with the design of a dream house on her mind, these were heavenly finds!

A couple of months ago I posted about an amazing artist whose work I enjoyed while I was in Paris.  Take a look here if you're interested.

All photos by moi!

5 comments:

The enchanted home said...

One bad thing about this post...it makes me sooooo want to go there!!!! I am really really craving a trip to Europe, and this post makes me want it more than ever!! LOVE those doors...stunning, and all the hardware and the flower market and sightseeing with the top down and Notre Dame in the background....makes me want to rent a car and spend a month discovering all of France I have yet to see! How fun...thanks for giving me the next best thing, a virtual vacation:)

Anonymous said...

love the hardware...I'm with you, I collect pieces like that and pack them away until it's time to use them...gotta get them while you can..

maureen

Laura Trevey said...

I love picking up fresh flowers and fruits/vegetables at the market, how fun!

Love the photos...
Laura

Stacy CUrran said...

This makes me want to go to Europe so badly!
Stacy

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Oh you make me want to go back so badly!! I loved all the cobblestone streets filled with pretty little shops. Oh and I could eat my way through Paris. The cheese alone was sublime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...