Thursday, May 19, 2011

Designer Envy: Steven Gambrel

I have a few photos in my files of a room I love that Maureen over at Eclectic Revisited posted a little while ago- she reminded me how much I admire the work of Designer Steven Gambrel of S.R. Gambrel Inc.  Take a look to see what I mean...he has some very creative ideas!

This room has a lot going on, maybe too much for my taste. However, it's very interesting and packed with great ideas!  The parsons chairs, the throw, the framed, off-center botanicals, the round and rectangular tables to add interest, and more...

I love this look with chairs on both sides.  A gorgeous table and a pair of chairs
in yummy velvet = masculine and feminine at the same time.

A bit Belgian and very soothing!

The room that started it all, that Maureen and I both admire!

How could a traveler not appreciate a room with wallpaper like this??!

What do you think?  Are his rooms too neutral for your taste or just right?

9 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Gorgeous...I love how his rooms are full with a lot going on but soothing becuase of the soft colors and no real prints being used. It really works quite beautifully. He is very talented and I love the look with two chairs either side of a table too.

travelkate said...

I love the neutrals here-they are so warm and inviting! Such a talent!

Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking said...

Maybe a tiny bit too neutral for me but I think he makes up for it with all the accessories - there is a huge variety of textures and tones!

designchic said...

Oh Barbara, I think they are just right. I adore a neutral palette and no on does it better than Steven Gambrel...just the right amount of texture and style to make every room so interesting!!

Stacy CUrran said...

I think they are just right -- gorgeous with a capital G!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I love his work too!!! and so glad you posted about him...fell in love all over again with his work,..the soft palette, neutrals, clean lines, and balance...
maureen

................. said...

YES i LOVE that table/desk with a chair on each side too...perfection!

Rachael @ Roco Rennie said...

I am in love with those chairs by the desk - have to admitt I have a crush on velvet at the mo. Very relaxing style x

Helen Bath said...

I LOVE Steven Gambrel's designs. He really is an artistic genius, and can make even a flea market find look like a million bucks! He's been talented his whole life!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...